The CDS3 sets an impressive standard for high quality Compact Disc replay. All the trademark features of a Naim CD player are brought together in the CDS3 along with a host of innovative engineering solutions pioneered during the development of the flagship NAC 552 and NAP 500 amplifiers. Together with the elegant styling, the result is a truly stunning, thoroughly satisfying musical performance.
The CDS3 is close to the top of Naim’s CD hierarchy, which allows someone to purchase a CDX2, to upgrade by adding an XPS and then trade up to a CDS3 with the XPS. The highly sophisticated power supply features a toroidal transformer and six power regulators, ensuring complete stability of the ultra-sensitive circuitry. The Naim CDS3 delivers truly rewarding musical reproduction, providing the involvement of the very best analogue sources combined with tremendous consistency and reliability
Worthwhile user features have been incorporated in the CDS3: in addition to a clearer layout of the back panel, an RC5 port has been fitted (with the further option of an RS232 port), allowing seamless integration into even the most complex of domestic installations. In common with the flagship CD555 CD player, the CDS3 has user-configurable outputs, offering a choice between the preferred DIN or RCA phono outputs, allowing the CDS3 to be used with a wide range of other manufacturers’ cables and components.
- Analogue Outputs DIN, RCA
- Line Outputs Fixed (level) 2.1V rms at 1kHz
- Output Impedance10? maximum
- Minimum Load Impedance10k?
- Frequency Response 10Hz – 20kHz, +0.1/-0.5dB
- thd+n<0.1%, 10Hz -18kHz at full level
- Phase Response Linear phase, absolute phase correct
- De-emphasis±0.1dB referred to main response
- Power Supply555PS, Hi-Line, Power-Line
- Infra Red RC5
- Remote Input RCA on rear (RC5)
- RS232Optional (DE9 female)
- CD Formats Red Book
- Disc Compatibility CD, CD-R
- Power Supply Options XPS, 555PS
- Dimensions87 x 432 x 314mm (H x W x D)
- FrontBrushed and black anodised